Julie Urban is the Chief Auditor of M&T Bank’s Internal Audit (IA) Division. As Chief Auditor she is responsible for the audit division’s strategic development and execution of assurance services. The audit division is comprised of approximately 100 full-time equivalent employees across the company’s footprint.
Julie has been with M&T for approximately 20 years. During her tenure she has served in Audit Manager and Audit Director roles for various business lines including Banking Services, Commercial Banking, Consumer, Credit, Finance, Mortgage, Regulatory, Retail, Risk Management, and Treasury.
Prior to joining M&T, Julie spent eight years with KPMG LLP where she conducted audits primarily in the financial services industry. She also served as a national instructor and recruiting coordinator.
In addition, Julie also:
- Represents IA as a non-voting member on numerous M&T risk and governance committees including Capital Management Committee, Incentive Plan Risk Committee and Management Risk Committee.
- Interfaces with numerous regulatory agencies including the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, New York State Department of Financial Services, OCC and CFPB.
- Represents IA on external working industry groups including MAX General Auditors.
- Serves as a Board Member of the WNY Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
She earned a B.S. in Accounting from Canisius College (Magna Cum Laude).
Julie is an active community volunteer with the Institute of Internal Auditors WNY Chapter (Board of Governance), Canisius College (Women’s Leadership Council and Past President of the Alumni Association Board), Nardin Academy (Board of Trustees), and St. Gregory the Great School.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Accreditation in Internal Quality Assurance/Validation