BUFFALO, N.Y.; February 1, 2019—M&T Bank will kick off a new integrated marketing communications program, beginning Sunday, February 3 during the broadcast of Super Bowl LIII, highlighting its “Understanding What’s Important” brand.
“At M&T Bank, we pride ourselves on understanding what’s important to our customers, their businesses, families, and communities,” said M&T Bank Chief Marketing Officer Peter J. Eliopoulos. “Being large enough to offer our customers competitive solutions, while still remaining community-focused, allows us to help our clients achieve their goals and visions at every stage of their life. Our newly launched advertising campaign features the success stories of actual clients whose dreams were able to become a reality with the support of M&T.”
The new campaign includes television advertisements that will air throughout the bank’s footprint featuring the stories of eight business, commercial, and charitable customers, including:
1. Mayer Brothers (Buffalo, N.Y.): What began as a small, family apple cider business in 1852 has since blossomed into a large distribution center that offers a variety of branded products up and down the East Coast. M&T Bank has been the company’s chosen bank for more than 90 years.
2. Buffalo Promise Neighborhood (Buffalo, N.Y): With the belief that education and opportunity are intrinsically connected, Buffalo Promise Neighborhood brings together a team of professionals--including many from M&T Bank--to empower schools, students, and families. Through a variety of programs, the organization provides opportunities for parents and children to grow, learn, and thrive.
3. Soccer Shots (Harrisburg, P.A.): Former professional soccer teammates Jeremy Zorzano and Jason Webb began Soccer Shots in Harrisburg, P.A. to inspire children to build character and lead healthy lives. Today, the company has burgeoned into a franchise business with programs available in 37 states and Canada. The organization chose M&T Bank to help foster growth within the program through continued financing and guidance.
4. Vision Technologies (Baltimore, M.D.): Founded in a garage in 2000 with five employees, Vision Technologies first received an initial line of credit from M&T Bank to help foster growth. Today, the company has five business units and 500 employees, with clients like Amazon, M&T Bank Stadium, and the United States Senate.
5. Boordy Vineyards (Hydes, M.D.): With pride in being a Maryland story, Boordy Vineyards began as a small farm that soon became a model for the area’s agriculture. Today, the thriving vineyard is run by Rob Deford and his family, and hosts a variety of events and wine tasting tours. The vineyard has received financing from M&T Bank, and continues to see the bank as a partner to support its continued evolution and growth.
6. The Charmery (Baltimore, M.D.): A dream come true for husband-wife duo David and Laura Almina, The Charmery provides Baltimore residents with hand-crafted, super-premium ice cream using the city’s best flavors. Working closely with M&T Bank relationship managers, The Charmery opened two new locations in 2018.
7. Caitec (Halethorpe, M.D.): When Terry Gao immigrated to the United States from China in the early 1990s, he knew he needed to find a way to support himself and his family and began selling bird cages at a local flea market. Today his company, Caitec, manufacturers hundreds of high-quality, affordable pet products that can be found in Petco and PetSmart. Gao credits M&T Bank for being an invested partner in his company’s growth by financing his second warehouse and helping him acquire a few smaller companies.
8. Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women (Baltimore, M.D.): Founded in 2009, the Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women teaches girls there is enormous potential and power in being a woman. Supported by M&T Bank through financing and fundraising efforts, the school currently has more than 500 sixth through twelfth grade students enrolled, and focuses on reaching young women early in their lives to educate and inspire them to make healthy life choices.
About M&T Bank
M&T Bank Corporation is a financial holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. M&T’s principal banking subsidiary, M&T Bank, operates banking offices in New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. Trust-related services are provided by M&T’s Wilmington Trust-affiliated companies and by M&T Bank.
© 2019 M&T Bank. Member FDIC.
Upstate New York:
Connecticut, New Jersey and New York Metro:
Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, DC: