M&T Bank Contributes $125,000 to Delaware and Eastern Shore of Maryland Nonprofits in Support of Those Affected by COVID-19
Wilmington, Del.; April 13, 2020 — M&T Bank is contributing $125,000 to five nonprofit organizations to support Delaware and Eastern Shore of Maryland residents who are directly or indirectly affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
“In times of need it is important for all of us to work together and do what we can to make a positive impact,” said Nick Lambrow, M&T’s Regional President for Delaware. “M&T Bank and our subsidiary Wilmington Trust recognize that we are in challenging, unprecedented times. Through our support, we hope to help alleviate the effect the pandemic is having on the region’s most vulnerable neighborhoods.”
Funding from M&T Bank’s Charitable Foundation is being directed to the following organizations:
- Delaware Community Foundation: M&T has made a $50,000 contribution to Delaware Community Foundation’s Strategic Response Fund, which supports nonprofits that target the emerging and evolving needs of the First State’s communities. As part of the state’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Initiative, the Strategic Response Fund will supply grants to organizations serving those who are immediately and disproportionately suffering from the current crisis.
- United Way of Delaware: The bank has provided $25,000 in financial support to the organization’s Delaware Does More: COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund, which is designed to address the immediate needs of children in low-income households, the working poor and seniors.
- Food Bank of Delaware: As many families struggle to make ends meet, the Food Bank of Delaware has been tasked with meeting the rising demands of Delaware’s neighborhoods. M&T Bank will donate $25,000 to help cover costs of the nonprofit’s increased food distribution and pre-made meal kits for children.
- United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore: With the COVID-19 pandemic putting added pressure on the region’s nonprofits, $15,000 in funding from M&T will be directed to the organization’s COVID-19 LIVE UNITED Response Fund, which will provide stabilization grants for immediate relief.
- Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore: M&T has directed $10,000 to support the organization’s newly established COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, which will provide grant funding to support the immediate and long-term recovery efforts for Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore.
With the shortage of personal protective equipment for health care workers making headlines, M&T Bank donated 300 masks to ChristianaCare. Masks were delivered to ChristianaCare’s drop-off location in Newport by M&T Bank personnel.
For information about how M&T is helping customers affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, visit MTB.com.
About M&T Bank
M&T Bank Corporation is a financial holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. M&T’s principal banking subsidiary, M&T Bank, operates banking offices in New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. Trust-related services are provided by M&T’s Wilmington Trust-affiliated companies and by M&T Bank.
© 2020 M&T Bank. Member FDIC.
410-409-4803 (c); 410-244-4097 (o)