BUFFALO, N.Y.—M&T Bank today announced a comprehensive replacement of corporate signage throughout Western New York. The project will encompass 90 of M&T’s locations throughout the region, including retail branches, corporate buildings, office space, drive-up ATMs and the sign on the M&T Bank Club at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
“From Buffalo to Bemus Point to Batavia, the new signs are another way we are investing in Western New York and showing our customers we will be here to serve them for generations to come,” said Betsey Locke, group vice president of advertising and promotions for M&T Bank. “Having grown our employee ranks to more than 7,000 and almost tripling our use of downtown office space to more than one million square feet of real estate, this investment will help ensure we maintain a consistent appearance that welcomes employees and visitors throughout Western New York.”
Buffalo-based Flexlume Sign Corporation—which has been creating M&T signage for decades—and Rochester-based Premier Sign Systems were awarded contracts to conduct the sign upgrades.
“We enjoy doing business in the communities where we live and work, so we’re especially excited about completing this project with the help of two companies headquartered in Western New York—our home and headquarters since we were established 160 years ago,” said Keith Belanger, senior vice president and corporate services manager for M&T Bank.
The sign upgrades will begin on August 8, 2016, and will continue over the course of the month, with the final installation scheduled for August 31, 2016. Installations in Western New York include:
- One branch in Alleghany County, N.Y. at 9013 Main St., Rushford, N.Y.
- Two branches in Cattaraugus County, N.Y., including the branch at 2604 West State St., Olean, N.Y.
- Nine branches in Chautauqua County, N.Y., including the branch at 281 East Fairmont Ave. in the heart of Lakewood, N.Y.
- 63 locations in Erie County, N.Y., including M&T Center and the M&T Bank at Ralph Wilson Stadium, where installers will use swing stages to hang the 12 and 8 foot letters, respectively.
- Five branches in Genesee County, N.Y., including the branch at 55 Main St. in downtown Batavia, N.Y.
- One branch in Livingston County, N.Y. at 6 State St., Nunda, N.Y.
- Five branches in Niagara County, N.Y., including the branch at 750 Main St. in downtown Niagara Falls, N.Y.
- One branch in Orleans County, N.Y. at 3 South Main St., Lyndonville, N.Y.
- Three branches in Wyoming County, N.Y., including 43 South Main St. in downtown Perry, N.Y.
About M&T Bank
M&T is a financial holding company headquartered in Buffalo, New York. M&T’s principal banking subsidiary, M&T Bank, operates banking offices in New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. Trust-related services are provided by M&T’s Wilmington Trust-affiliated companies and by M&T Bank.