BINGHAMTON, N.Y.—M&T Bank recently donated a total of $17,500 in grants to nine regional food banks, soup kitchens and charities throughout the Southern Tier. The grants will help the organizations prepare for the holiday season and aid in assisting local families seeking help.
The following organizations each received donations from M&T:
- Broome County Council of Churches - CHOW Program
- Catholic Charities of Chenango
- Catholic Charities of Tompkins/Tioga - Christmas Toys for Families
- Cortland County Area Agency on Aging - Nutrition Program
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
- Meals on Wheels of Western Broome
- Tioga County Rural Ministry
- Towanda Area Christian Outreach (TACO) Food Pantry
“With the holiday season upon us, we wanted to do a little more to give back to our community,” said M&T Bank’s Regional President Peter Newman. “Our partnership with local food pantries has long been an important way for us to have an impact, and we hope these additional contributions help those charities serve those who are in need in our communities.”
Operating as a community bank, charitable activities and grants are decided by local teams who live and work in the region. M&T Bank maintains a regional headquarters – providing management and administrative support for 11 counties in New York State and Pennsylvania – on Exchange Street in downtown Binghamton.
For further information about M&T’s grants and community involvement, visit www.mtb.com/community.
About M&T Bank
M&T Bank was founded in Buffalo, New York in 1856, and is one of the top 20 independent commercial bank holding companies in the U.S., with $84 billion in assets and more than 725 branch offices in New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
©2013 M&T Bank, Member FDIC.